Approx. 30 min
Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
Tellicherry Black Pepper
How to Cook
Our meals are designed to be extremely easy to cook. Follow the directions on this page or from the included recipe card included in your kit, or follow along with the video.
Please note that directions may vary based on your cooking equipment and more water may need to be added and/or cooking times may need to be slightly adjusted. We here at Mogo like induction heating for it’s accuracy and even cooking, but we actually create all our meals on a standard range-top so don’t worry if you are using a standard stove-top because it will work just fine.
Also note that since we don’t use any preservatives, that some of your ingredients may clump in the bags and need a little shake to loosen up. This is natural, so don’t worry!
- Wash and cook rice in a rice cooker or on stove top.
- Bring 4 cups (950ml) of water to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add the bouillon. Stir until it is completely dissolved into the water.
- Add the tomato powder and stir until dissolved.
- Add all remaining ingredients besides the lentils and mix well. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes while stirring regularly. Please note: If you want to make the chili less spicy, use less chili powder.
- Add lentils and simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes. The chili will be ready when the lentils are soft. Serve over rice. Note: Remember to remove the bay leaf from the sauce before serving, it’s only for flavour, not for eating!