Approx. 30-35 min
Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
Applewood Smoked Salt
Tellicherry Black Pepper
100% Lime Crystals
Red Chili Flakes
How to Cook
Our meals are designed to be extremely easy to cook. Follow the directions on this page or from the included recipe card included in your kit, or follow along with the video.
Please note that directions may vary based on your cooking equipment and more water may need to be added and/or cooking times may need to be slightly adjusted. We here at Mogo like induction heating for it’s accuracy and even cooking, but we actually create all our meals on a standard range-top so don’t worry if you are using a standard stove-top because it will work just fine.
Also note that since we don’t use any preservatives, that some of your ingredients may clump in the bags and need a little shake to loosen up. This is natural, so don’t worry!
- Set aside and save around 1/4 cup (45g) of the masa harina to use when rolling tortillas. Mix the remaining masa harina and the himalayan pink sea salt with 3/4 cup (180ml) of room temperature water and set aside to rest.
- Bring 3 cups (710ml) of water to a boil in a pot then add the bouillon cube and stir until it is dissolved.
- Add the lentils and boil for 10-15 minutes until the lentils begin to absorb the water.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Reduce heat to low and simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until lentils are soft.
- Turn off heat and cover the pot with the taco filling with a lid.
- Separate dough into balls around 125mm in circumference. This is about the size of a ping pong ball. Flatten, then roll flat with a rolling pin, using the saved masa harina from Step 1 to lightly dust the rolling pin to prevent sticking. To make perfect edges, place a bowl on top of the flatted dough and remove the remaining outer dough. This dough can be used to make more tortillas.
- Dry toast tortillas in a pan over medium-low heat until the edges begin to curl then flip and toast the other side.
- Serve taco filling in shells and enjoy!