Approx. 45 min
Black Sesame Seeds
How to Cook
Our meals are designed to be extremely easy to cook. Follow the directions on this page or from the included recipe card included in your kit, or follow along with the video.
Please note that directions may vary based on your cooking equipment and more water may need to be added and/or cooking times may need to be slightly adjusted. We here at Mogo like induction heating for it’s accuracy and even cooking, but we actually create all our meals on a standard range-top so don’t worry if you are using a standard stove-top because it will work just fine.
Also note that since we don’t use any preservatives, that some of your ingredients may clump in the bags and need a little shake to loosen up. This is natural, so don’t worry!
- Fill alarge bowl with water and place the vegan chicken in the water to soak for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add the ketchup, gochujang, brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic powder, and water. Mix well to combine and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the corn starch, ginger powder, salt, and black pepper. Stir well to combine and set aside.
- Drain the chicken in to the strainer. Squeeze the reamaining water out of the vegan meat with your hands.
- Add the chicken to the medium bowl with the starch mixture. Coat each piece in a light dusting of the starch mixture.
- Add about 1.5 inches of canola oil to the wok. Heat it over high heat until it reaches frying temperature.
- Working in two batches, deep fry the coated chicken in the oil for 3 minutes until golden brown.. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the fried chicken and sauce to a second pan.
- Cook for 2 mins over medium heat ,stirring to make sure every piece is covered in the sauce.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds and enjoy!