Approx. 25-30 min
Gluten, Soy (Optional)
Tellicherry Black Pepper
How to Cook
Our meals are designed to be extremely easy to cook. Follow the directions on this page or from the included recipe card included in your kit, or follow along with the video.
Please note that directions may vary based on your cooking equipment and more water may need to be added and/or cooking times may need to be slightly adjusted. We here at Mogo like induction heating for it’s accuracy and even cooking, but we actually create all our meals on a standard range-top so don’t worry if you are using a standard stove-top because it will work just fine.
Also note that since we don’t use any preservatives, that some of your ingredients may clump in the bags and need a little shake to loosen up. This is natural, so don’t worry!
- Bring two cups (475ml) of water to a boil in a pot. In a separate bowl, mix the buttermilk powder with 1/4 cup water (60ml) and let it sit.
Note: To make this vegan-friendly, you can use 1/4 cup almond or soy milk with a small dash of lemon juice instead of the buttermilk mixture.
- Add the bouillon to the boiling water and stir well. This will be the sauce.
- Add onion flakes, tomato powder, soy sauce, mushrooms, and thyme to the sauce. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Note: You can break up the mushrooms into sizes that you prefer at this step!
- Boil noodles in a separate pot while the sauce is cooking.
- After ten minutes has passed, add the buttermilk powder mix, black pepper and parsley into the sauce and simmer for an additional five minutes.
- Remove sauce from heat and sprinkle the corn starch into the sauce slowly and mix well until the sauce has thickened.
- Drain pasta and serve the sauce over the pasta.