Approx. 30 min
Low Sodium Soy Sauce
How to Cook
Our meals are designed to be extremely easy to cook. Follow the directions on this page or from the included recipe card included in your kit, or follow along with the video.
Please note that directions may vary based on your cooking equipment and more water may need to be added and/or cooking times may need to be slightly adjusted. We here at Mogo like induction heating for it’s accuracy and even cooking, but we actually create all our meals on a standard range-top so don’t worry if you are using a standard stove-top because it will work just fine.
Also note that since we don’t use any preservatives, that some of your ingredients may clump in the bags and need a little shake to loosen up. This is natural, so don’t worry!
- Soak vegan meat in warm water for 20 minutes in a large bowl.
- Prepare rice on stovetop or rice cooker.
- While the vegan meat is soaking, get a bowl and put the corn starch in it. Set the bowl aside
- In a pot, add the soy sauce, the brown sugar, the garlic powder, the ginger powder, and the red chilis and set it aside as well.
- When the vegan meat has finished soaking, squeeze out the water with your hands and then coat the vegan meat with the corn starch in the large bowl.
- Bring the pot with the sauce in step 4 to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- While the sauce is simmering, heat a pan with a light coating of vegetable oil and add the corn starch-coated vegan meat. Cook until the vegan meat is lightly browned on each side, which will take around 3-4 minutes for each side. Gently stir the vegan meat occasionally to avoid burning it.
- When the vegan meat has finished cooking, add it to the pot with the sauce and simmer over medium-low heat for an additional 5 minutes while making sure all of the pieces of vegan meat are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Serve with the rice and enjoy!