Approx. 25-30 min
Tree Nuts (Almonds)
100% Lemon Crystals
How to Cook
Our meals are designed to be extremely easy to cook. Follow the directions on this page or from the included recipe card included in your kit, or follow along with the video.
Please note that directions may vary based on your cooking equipment and more water may need to be added and/or cooking times may need to be slightly adjusted. We here at Mogo like induction heating for it’s accuracy and even cooking, but we actually create all our meals on a standard range-top so don’t worry if you are using a standard stove-top because it will work just fine.
Also note that since we don’t use any preservatives, that some of your ingredients may clump in the bags and need a little shake to loosen up. This is natural, so don’t worry!
- Fill pot with 3 cups (710ml) of water. Wait until water is boiling, then boil amaranth for 15 minutes.
- While the amaranth is boiling, stir and mix the almond milk, vinegar and one packet of lemon crystals in a bowl.
- In a second bowl, whisk together the flax meal and 1/4 cup (60ml) of water and let stand for ten minutes.
- In an third bowl, mix together the buckwheat flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, himalayan sea salt, poppy seeds, and two remaining packets of lemon crystals.
- Pour the almond milk mixture into the buckwheat flour mixture. Whisk until the batter is mostly free of any lumps.
- Add the flax meal mixture from step 3 into the mixture.
- Drain the amaranth and add it into the mixture and stir well.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray or drizzle with oil. Pour 1/4 cup (60ml) of batter per pancake into the skillet and cook until bubbles appear on the surface, then flip the pancakes over with a spatula and repeat.
- Follow the instructions of the maple syrup kit and serve pancakes with hot maple syrup and enjoy!