Chili fries are known for being overly indulgent gut busters; an option chosen for pure gluttony rather than any health or nutritional benefit. But thankfully here at Team Mogo we have a can do attitude, and we’re proud to present the next edition of Mogo Twists: Texas Chili Home Fries!
The Mogo version of the dish takes some of the sting out the calorie count and is much healthier than regular chili fries: the potatoes are baked and the chili is loaded with protein-packed lentils, making it a much better alternative to the traditional deep-friend, ground-beef version. Not only is the end result much healthier – it packs a whole lot of flavor. So, when you devour a plate of these, you and your friends won’t have to feel that wave of regret.
Top it with a helping of shredded cheese and sour cream (or your favorite vegan versions) and you’ll have the perfect side dish or appetizer to share with friends while you watch the game or binge watch some Netflix.
1 box Mogo Texas Chili
5-6 Medium Potatoes
1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese (or as much cheese as you can handle)
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Garlic Powder
3 tbsp Olive Oil
(1) Cut the potatoes into wedges and place them in a bowl
(2) Coat the potatoes in olive oil and add the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Mix well
(3) Put them in the oven and bake them at 250 C for 40-50 minutes.
(4) While the potatoes are baking, make the Mogo Texas Chili. The potatoes and Chili should finish at around the same time.
(5) Remove the potatoes from the oven and put them in a bowl and top with chili, cheese, and sour cream.
(6) Don’t forget to share with friends!