Pizza is the great equalizer of foods. No matter your background, there is likely some combination of bread, sauce, and melted cheese that fits your palate. And who among us hasn’t shame eaten an entire large pizza at least once in our lives?
One of the great things about it is just how elastic it is – from the plain and simple margerhita style, to the barbecue chicken Franken-za’s of Papa John’s.
We decided to make our own twist on this timeless classic by making the Mogo Cincinnati Spaghetti Sauce Pizza!
Soft crust, a heaping helping of mixed cheddar cheese, topped with tomatoes and onions is the perfect re-imagining of this American classic. Homemade ranch sauce makes is the perfect complement to the notes of all-spice and cinnamon of Mogo’s Cincinnati Spaghetti.
Don’t be intimidated – making homemade dough is actually quite easy and well worth the time for something a little healthier than your typical takeout. Try it out and let us know what you think!
1 Box Mogo Cincinnati Spaghetti Sauce
- 15 oz (3 cups) Flour
- 1 tbsp Yeast
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 9 fl oz Warm Water
Cheese (Sharp cheddar or a blend) as much as you like
1 Tomato, diced
1 Onion, diced
1 Cup (8 oz) Sour Cream
⅓ cup Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon of Onion Powder
½ teaspoon of Garlic Powder
2 teaspoons of Dried Dill
1 teaspoon of Dried Basil
½ teaspoon of Dried Parsley
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
(1) Follow the instructions on the recipe card or our website here
(1) Place flour into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the center.
(2) Add yeast, sugar, salt, olive oil and water and stir until combined.
(3) Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5–10 minutes or until a smooth ball forms.
(4) Place dough ball into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap or clean cloth. Set in a warm place for 30 minutes or until dough has doubled.
(5) Turn dough out on a floured surface and punch the dough to remove excess air, knead lightly.
(6) Divide dough into 2.
(7) Place a sheet of wax paper over your baking pan.
(8) Roll out the dough and stretch it to your desired thickness, then place it on top of the wax paper. Fold over the edges to form a crust.
(9) Spread about half the sauce over the pizza crust (more or less as you desire), then top with cheese, onions, and tomatoes.
(10) Bake at 250 Celsius until the cheese begins to brown and the dough starts to rise (15-20 minutes)
(1) In a small mixing bowl, stir the sour cream and mayo together until smooth and well blended.
(2) Add the herbs and spices, stirring till fully incorporated.
(3) Add a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
(5) Cover and chill in the refrigerator till ready to serve with your favorite vegetables.