Some of our favourite snacks here at Mogo involve Korean fusion. So, for this week’s edition of Mogo Twists, we thought we’d combine our vegetarian bulgogi lentils with Mexican cuisine and bring you some incredibly delicious bulgogi nachos!
The spicy, sour flavor of kimchi combined with the sweetness of the bulgogi and cheese really brings these nachos together. Substitute a mild red pepper sauce for salsa and top with sour cream, toasted sesame seeds, and green onions for the perfect snack for guests or a lazy Sunday of Netflix.
To really turn it into something special, add a fried egg on top with a slightly runny yolk to turn these nachos into a full on meal.
1 Bowl Nacho Chips (~1/4 to 1/2 bag)
1 Box Mogo Cincinnati Spaghetti Sauce
Cheese (Sharp cheddar or a blend) as much as you like
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Kimchi
1/2 Cup Green Onions
1 Egg, fried
1 tablespoon Toasted Sesame Seeds
1 tablespoon red pepper paste (gochujang)
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
(1) Follow the instructions to make the bulgogi lentils on the recipe card or at our website here.
(2) While the bulgogi lentils are cooking, fry the Kimchi in 1 tablespoon of oil or butter over medium heat for 5-10 minutes until most of the moisture is gone.
(3) Mix together the ingredients for the gochujang sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
(4) Just before the bulgogi is about to finish, add a small amount of oil to a pan and fry the egg.
(4) Top the nachos with the bulgogi, kimchi, sour cream, gochujang sauce, cheese, green onions, fried egg, and sesame seeds.